- The Two Writing Teachers blog talks about their take on NCTE sesson related to designing effective writing assignments.
- Need some good handwriting worksheets or explanations for why it’s important? Look no further:
- Have you heard of “speed dating?” How about sparking interest in reading by doing something similar with passing books after a few minutes? Here’s how at teaching tips machine blog.
- Alan Haskvitz talks about how B is the new C in his article entitled, “The End of the D and F Grade: Welcome to Lake Wobegon” at teachersnet Gazette. Sad but true!
- What a wonderful quote about NCLB by Doug Noon of Borderlands : “If we’d have used an NCLB-style approach to the Apollo moon mission, President Kennedy would have simply ordered NASA to fly conventional airplanes higher and higher until they fell out of the sky, and then blamed the pilots for lacking the will and the know-how to get the job done. ” Check out his take on how the new administration should approach assessment.
Category Archives: lesson plan
The other day I was in a panic because the activity I’d planned months before, a nice webquest of the civilization we are studying, suddenly wasn’t working due to our newly installed firewall at school. We can, in certain circumstances, request that certain sites be restored, but the process is slow and doesn’t always mean it can be fixed. For instance, I cannot access my own blog (or any other) from school. I’m not complaining, I do understand. I don’t work on personal things at school.
But (o.k. a little complaint) there are some teacher blogs that have some great information I’d like to use in my planning and lesson creation.
….back to my (then) immediate problem—what to do when your great plans become shambles? I tried two recently found places that have good lesson plans and background resource materials. The first is curriki, an online learning community started by Sun Microsystems to develop education resources. There I found a great webquest that did work with our firewall within minutes. While finding it, I came across tons more things I can use.
Is it just me, or do other people feel like Alice climbing down the rabbit hole when they start looking for things?